Dual Qualified Construction Solicitors
Whether you’re an employer, main contractor, sub-contractor or construction professional, we have a thorough understanding of how your business operates. Why? Because Cato’s senior construction lawyer is a dual qualified solicitor and a chartered builder with extensive experience working on and with the construction industry.
Whether the matter relates to minor work or major projects, advice on a specific point or disputes involving complex factual, contractual and legal matrixes – and everything in between – we have the expertise and knowledge to positively assist.
We offer the construction sector guidance, support and advice across a wide range of areas including:
- Adjudication – contractual and statutory
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Mediation; arbitration; negotiation; third party opinion; expert determination; conciliation; mini-trial; dispute Boards
- Construction Contracts – Standard forms including JCT, NEC and FIDIC, and bespoke.
- Tribunal appointments – Adjudication mediation; expert opinion; conciliation.
- Pre-contract – Drafting and procurement
- Post contract – Preparation and negotiation of problematic accounts; contractual procedure and advice; extension of time claims; loss and / or expense claims; audits
- Commercial – Fiscal recovery; preparation and negotiating of problematic accounts; preparation, negotiation and the defence of claims for loss & expense; debt collection; retention collection.
- Insolvency – Pre-formal appointment; realisation of creditor funds.
- Education & training – In-house seminars and training; legal and contractual updates. Typical subjects include; Dispute avoidance, delay and disruption, the law of contract, claims preparation and defence contract administration under the standard forms, standard forms of contract including the JCT
For your initial consultation call 01604 321 655