Michael is a practising solicitor and specialises in construction, engineering & contract law and professional negligence.
Michael is dual-qualified as a Chartered Builder and is also an accredited expert in the fields of quantum and planning. Michael has a vast depth of experience in the construction & engineering industries.
His practice area covers both contentious and non-contentious matters for a wide range of clientele including employers, principal & specialist contractors, industry professionals, insolvency practitioners and residential occupiers.
Michael’s procurement experience covers both the public and private sector and includes projects such as schools, hospitals, housing, offices, commercial and retail developments, stadia, airports, military installations, nuclear and more. He also has overseas working experience of northern Europe, the Middle East and Australasia.
Michael is also a practising adjudicator and on the adjudicator panels of the Royal Institution of British Architects and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and regularly sits as an adjudicator.
In addition to his experience, Michael has a Master’s Degree in Construction Management and Law, is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He also sits on the professional disciplinary panels of the Royal Institution of British Architects and Chartered Institute of Building. Michael also writes and lectures on various aspects of construction law.
Michael is based in our office in Northampton, but regularly travels nationally and internationally.
- Made a successful application to reinstate a civil claim on behalf of a specialist contractor after the matter had been discontinued.
- The drafting of a complex supplemental agreement between the main contractor client and employer on a 28 unit residential project.
- Successfully resisted a Winding-Up Petition in the High Court on behalf of a specialist contractor.
- Secured a large debt within 21 days of being instructed by a main contractor client against the Architect employer for building works carried out.
- Drafting of a JCT Intermediate Form of Contract on behalf of a retail client for the procurement of a service station.
- Settlement of a loss and expense claim in favour of the specialist civil engineering contractor against a multi-national contractor.
- Referral of a dispute over quantum to adjudication for the main contactor client, and was successful in obtaining 100% of the claim.